ARISE and Upward Bound (19 Books)
Upward Bound ARISE Life Skills Curriculum
($612.05 value; a savings of $122.06 OFF regular prices)
Overview of this Package
Upward Bound using ARISE life skills curriculum helps students overcome class, academic, social, and cultural barriers to higher education. ARISE can help in that mission.
Since 1986 ARISE has offered a variety of life-skill lessons for disadvantaged and high-risk youth. These lessons will provide students in the Upward Bound program the foundation they need to achieve in their academic and personal lives. ARISE life skills prepares teens and young adults to tap into their strengths to develop resiliency and persistence regardless of life’s challenges.
Perfect for teens to develop skills and motivation to successfully complete high school and get ready to go to college.
The Upward Bound ARISE life skills curriculum included in this package covers the following areas:
- Conflict and anger management
- Effective communication skills - non-verbal and verbal. How to express your opinion so people will listen.
- Disarming the substance abuse self-destructive button.
- Achieve one’s dreams by using fundamental time management skills so people can depend on you.
- Secrets of finding a job and keeping it.
- Positive effects of developing good personal health and hygiene habits.
- Through all of life’s ups and downs discover what it takes to live a happy, successful, rewarding life.
- Basic relationship skills – including the importance of sharing your feelings.
- Used for grades 9-12.
- Consists of 19 unique curricular plus educational life skills posters and incredibly special ARISE Positivity Cards.
- Every lesson is self- contained and no additional material is needed.
- Interactive and engaging lessons for use in a group setting.
- Excellent for groups where the populations come and go.
- Lessons last 45-60 minutes.
This ARISE Upward Bound life skills curriculum package Includes the following ARISE Instructor Manuals and Associated Student Workbooks:
View sample pages from each book by clicking on the links below for each Manual and then click on VIEW SAMPLE.
(click links below to browse content)
Work In Progress Book 1 Anger Management (Manual)
Work In Progress Book 1 Anger Management (Workbook)
Work In Progress Book 2 Substance Abuse and Guns (Manual)
Work in Progress Book 2 Substance Abuse and Guns (Workbook)
Work In Progress Book 4 Violence and Conflict (Manual)
Work In Progress Book 4 Violence and Conflict (Workbook)
Four Wheel Drive Series
Four Wheel Drive for the Mind Book 1 Self-Esteem (Manual)
Four Wheel Drive for the Mind Book 1 Self-Esteem (Workbook)
Four Wheel Drive for the Mind Book 2 Learning Strategies and Time Management (Manual)
Four Wheel Drive for the Mind Book 2 Learning Strategies and Time Management (Workbook)
Four Wheel Drive for the Mind Book 3 Networking, Jobs and Money (Manual)
Four Wheel Drive for the Mind Book 3 Networking, Jobs and Money (Workbook)