Life is complicated. We are forced to navigate the world of work and of our home life. We need to bring our whole selves to work by dropping the stress, worry, anxiety, and guilt at the door. When we leave to go home, we need to bring our positive selves home and leave the stress, worry, fears, and anxiety collected from dealing with the day’s events at the door. This is a tough challenge for everyone. We all need to improve our mental health. We need ARISE life skills for adults.
Discover how to combat anger and avoid burnout due to dealing with negative situations you may not have control of.
Mental health alert!
- Sudden changes and difficult challenges pile up, a sick child, troubled relationship, past due notices, and Covid 19. Many are living what seems to be a nonstop dead-end life.
- Too much anger, too much job stress, we avoid what needs to be done and then make bad decisions when we get around to doing it.
- Feeling burnt out, short with people at work and at home, making mistakes, and working long hours in an attempt to catch up. Personal motivation is a thing of the past.
Negative Effects of Stress
- Depression and Anxiety
- Colds, flu, viruses, and other illnesses
- Stomach issues or digestive problems
- Trouble sleeping
- High blood pressure
The Impact of Anger
Uncontrolled anger can damage relationships and cause problems at work. The stress hormone associated with anger can cause negative changes in the brain and weaken our immune system. Some people are aware of their anger, while others fail to recognize it. Anger can be a symptom of a mental health condition like depression. Some signs that you or someone else may have anger issues:
- Can’t come to an agreement without getting angry
- Difficulty expressing emotions calmly
- Putting yourself down
- Shouting or swearing
- Frequent regrets and feeling guilty
Drop anger, stress and frustration at the door, view:
ARISE Drop it at the Door Anger and Stress Management Staff Training Online.
Over three decades ARISE has identified and developed proven effective action steps for releasing hidden potential and promoting positive life skills strategies, and memorable educational experiences that improve work and home lives.