“The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems. –Mahatma Gandhi”
In an article of the Daily Good syndicated from positivityblog.com, Henrik Edberg gives an excellent explanation of 10 of Gandhi’s rules for changing the world. The particular rules he picked out are the following:
- Change yourself.
- You are in control.
- Forgive and let it go.
- Without action you aren’t going anywhere.
- Take care of this moment.
- Everyone is human.
- See the good in people and help them.
- Be congruent, be authentic, be your true self.
- Continue to grow and evolve.
Following these rules would truly change the way we live our lives. And if everyone adhered to those rules, we would most probably live in a near perfect world.
How to change your attitude in one week:
- Monday: Changing your attitude can be as easy as reaching out to someone and not wanting anything in return. After all, there is more joy in giving than in receiving.
- Tuesday: Look inside yourself and find your shortcomings and weaknesses, then try to work on one of them just for a day.
- Wednesday: Turn a negative into positive. For example: Don’t take negative comments about your work personal. Doing this will make it much easier to make positive changes.
- Thursday: Jot down your blessings on a piece of paper. The list will give you reasons to be happy and grateful.
- Friday: Make sure you spend your down time with positive people who have a great attitude towards life. Think about this when you go to Happy Hour after work.
- Saturday: Ask you family and friends to let you know when they feel you’re in a bad mood. This will help you find out when and how some situations put you in a bad mood. Avoid those situations.
- Sunday: Make it your goal to stay on a positive track the whole day. Remind yourself of your goal when you feel you’re relapsing.
Following those simple rules will change your attitude. Continuing this weekly routine will eventually change your attitude into a positive lifestyle that will in turn make you feel happier and give you more joy.
As a reminder, keep some ARISE positivity cards close by and refer to them often!