Here are 10 quotes to live by, from our Get Smart series of books.
- How different our lives are when we really know what is deeply important to us, and keeping that picture in our mind, we manage ourselves each day to be and do what really matters most. -Stephen Covey
- The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make a mistake.
- You must act as if it is impossible to fail. -Ashanti proverb
- The world is moving so fast nowadays that the man who says it can’t be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it. – Elbert Hubbard
- Our plans miscarry because they have no aim. When you don’t know what harbor you’re aiming for, no wind is the right wind. -Seneca
- There has never yet been a man in our history who led a life of ease whose name is worth remembering. -Theodore Roosevelt
- When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. -Franklin D. Roosevelt
- A hero is no braver than an ordinary person, but he is braver five minutes longer. -Ralph Waldo Emerson
- I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality. That is why right, temporarily defeated, is stronger than evil triumphant. -Martin Luther King, Jr.
- If we want a love message to be heard, it has to be sent out. To keep a lamp burning, we have to keep putting oil in it. -Mother Teresa
ARISE designs training curricula and programs that help juvenile justice officers, teachers, social workers, parents and anyone else interested in at-risk youth learn how to teach life skills to the kids, teens and adults under their care. The programs are easy, entertaining and interactive. Some of the subjects covered are: drug prevention, anger management, stress management, stranger safety, internet safety, domestic abuse, teen pregnancy prevention, and more. Best of all: no boredom = no acting out.