ARISE lessons and staff training are never boring
“We get to talk it out in ARISE groups, not just sit there and listen to someone’s boring talk, talk, talk.”
ARISE is different in a good way. Lessons are fun and interactive, never boring.
No one sits quietly on the sidelines because the learners are involved in activities. They learn from each other, with activities that are engaging, such as role playing, brainstorming, and group discussions.
ARISE lessons are self-contained and NOT dependent on previously learned material. The students do not have to know anything about the subject when they enter your class.
- ARISE is perfect for those with reading difficulties. All workbook pages are easy to read, but the intellectual level of discussion is much higher.
- ARISE learners can jump right into the action on their first day of class.
- ARISE material can be used during school, after school, and on weekends…use it everyday!
- ARISE is able to create life skills curricula designed specifically for your organizations. Your books, your covers, your way—check out our Custom Books page.
- ARISE is a major resource of proven life-skills material for at-risk populations throughout the United States and beyond.
- ARISE is an evidence-based, award winning life skills educational program for pre-K through the teenage years.
- ARISE lessons, books, posters, and videos are unique. They have been created, written, developed and taught by the ARISE founders, Susan and Edmund Benson.
- ARISE has been proven by no less than three tenured University of Miami Professors over the past eight years.
- ARISE lessons are written to be easily understood (and enjoyed) by those frustrated youth who hate school with a vengeance.
- ARISE is a dream to teach, with nothing to buy since each book is a complete package.
- ARISE is a no-risk purchase. The Benson’s guarantee these lessons will more than satisfy your needs or they will refund every penny.
- ARISE motivational posters and videos are inexpensive and memorable.
- ARISE will help prepare your grant requests. Call us and find out how easy this process can be.
- ARISE will custom design a life skills program to fit your specific needs including the name of your facility on the cover, photos of benefactors, etc.
- ARISE Certified Life Skills Group Facilitator Training takes only 14 hours and then you have a person capable of changing young lives.
- ARISE material is a bargain, particularly when purchased in package groupings.
- ARISE tenderizes tough kids!
- ARISE is perfect for youth accustomed to solving disagreements with fists, knives, and guns.
- ARISE is not written by Ph.Ds. In a gritty, inner-city Miami jail, ARISE curricula were created from suggestions to the Benson’s from those serving time. Also, recommendations provided by juvenile and adult offenders are the basis for over 260 lessons to teach others how to avoid making their grievous mistakes.
- ARISE appeals to a population that hates school. They diligently seek any opportunity to disrupt class and intimidate both the teacher and students. Every interactive lesson and activity has been written to be easily understood.
- ARISE is ideal in therapeutic foster care programs, where youth who cannot live at home are placed in homes with foster parents who have been ARISE trained to provide a structured environment that supports their learning social and emotional skills.
- ARISE provides in-depth, easily understood disease prevention and health promotion lessons.
- ARISE specializes in the practical education of discouraged learners.
- ARISE programs help girls develop a strong sense of self, community, and personal empowerment. As a result, we hope girls will reject unhealthy relationships, substance abuse, and the temptation to become involved in criminal activity.
- ARISE materials promote self-growth and effective life skills for undeserved and institutionalized young women and men.
- ARISE takes the “risk” out of at-risk youth.
- ARISE group sessions show youth how their behavior impacts not just their life, but the lives of all those connected to them. Violence and rage is the major cause of conflict in our everyday relationships. Youth in ARISE groups learn that domestic abuse, road rage, workplace violence, divorce, and addiction are just a few examples of what happens when anger is mismanaged.
- ARISE anger management lessons work on identifying the feelings that come before the anger, like sadness and fear. ARISE talks about anger as a matter of choice. It is usually news to kids that they have a choice and they do have some control over how angry they get. In fact, most delinquent youth we have asked think they were born mad!
- ARISE is used effectively by those working with children who have been traumatized by abuse or neglect. This program can work with some of the most pained child orphans, victims of neglect, juvenile delinquents, and youth with severe psychological and emotional disturbances.
- ARISE Certified Life Skills Group Facilitator Training teaches facilitators how to conduct quality psycho-educational groups.
We could go on and on, but I think you have gotten the message! ARISE is a quality program with almost 30 years of experience, guaranteed to work for you.