Out of 40 Florida Department of Juvenile Justice (DJJ) Facilities, 39 agreed or strongly agreed with the following statements. Below are their comments:
Most of the youth enjoy the ARISE lessons.
- Youth learn that they are not the only ones with certain problems.
- Our clients enjoy the lessons and the variation of the activities.
- Material is written so that the youth can comprehend the subject matter.
The youth are attentive during the ARISE lessons compared to other groups.
- The youth are especially attentive during the writing exercises.
- Youth are eager to do role-playing and speak their thoughts.
- Youth are energetic and their participation increases during ARISE.
The relationship between staff and youth has improved as a result of ARISE groups.
- The staff often gets involved in discussions.
- Staff who have been trained and teach, are more equipped to relate to youth.
- ARISE has helped maintain positive relationships between staff and youth.
The ARISE Life Skills program is valuable for the youth at the facility.
- We could not do the great job we do without the ARISE materials!
- Teaches youth to make better choices in dealing with anger and self-esteem.
- Life and social skills offered by ARISE are very valuable in the youth’s everyday lifestyles.
The ARISE staff training is beneficial.
- Helps staff better relate to youth and what sets them off.
- Training is very valuable to our staff. I have personally seen a 100% improvement after training.
- The ARISE staff training gives a better understanding of the program.
The ARISE lessons and staff training help improve your Quality Assurance Score.
- QA was really impressed with the ARISE program.
- ARISE has assisted us in achieving a superior rating in group work.
- ARISE is an asset to this program.
The ARISE Foundation staff provide adequate support to the facility.
- ARISE is always very attentive to our needs!
- Training is scheduled and provided as needed.
- The trainer is always available and makes frequent phone contacts.